Police ticket convenience stores for underage sales
On June 24, 2010, the Lafayette Police Department’s Youth Services Division conducted an undercover operation to check compliance of underage sales of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21. A total of 26 convenience stores were checked with a total of 8 misdemeanor summons issued at 6 stores. The following stores were found to be in violation:
1. Texaco - 2727 W. Pinhook Rd / Sales to Persons Under 21
2. Shell - 1400 W. Pinhook Rd / Sales to Persons Under 21 – No Bar Card in Possession.
3. Chevron - 600 E. Kaliste Saloom Rd / Sales to Persons Under 21
4. On the Run - 1339 S.E. Evangeline Thwy / Sales to Persons Under 21
5. Chevron - 1600 Moss St / Sales to Persons Under 21 – No Bar Card
6. T&J Grocery- 2331 Moss St / Sales to Persons Under 21
The Lafayette Police Department encourages all citizens to report underage sales by calling 911 or the Lafayette Police Department’s Youth Services Section at 337-291-8600.