St. Martin Parish officials to force evacuation
(St. Martinville, La.) St. Martin Parish Officials will be ordering a mandatory evacuation of the Butte Larose, Happy Town, and Sherburne Wildlife Management area which includes Highway 3177, Herman Dupuis Road and La. 975. Beginning on Saturday, May 21st, 2011, at 8:00 a.m., the area will be secured and no one will be allowed to enter the area. Residents are urged to wrap up their flood preparations so that they are completed by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
Beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2011, a shelter will be opened at Breaux Bridge High School Gymnasium for those displaced residents who are in need of a place to stay. If you are planning on bringing children to the shelter, please remember to bring toys, books, and games to occupy them. Additionally, if you are going to seek shelter at Breaux Bridge High School and need information regarding your household pet, please call the help line at (337) 394-2810 or (337) 394-2811.
If you decide to seek housing at the shelter, please remember to bring the following:
- Proof Of Residency
- A five to seven day supply of the following:
- Blankets, pillows, sleeping gear, towels and washcloths
- Non-perishable food
- Any and all special dietary needs
- Baby food, formula, diapers, and wipes
- Personal hygiene items
- Any medication that will be needed both prescription and non-prescription
- Comfort Items
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Portable Ice Chest
- Medical Records/Important Papers
Updated information can be found at www.stmartinohsep.org.