Lafayette Parish — The Louisiana State Police Special Victims unit arrested nine people for charges ranging from computer-aided solicitation of a minor to prostitution.
These arrests stemmed from an undercover operation, which focused on human sex trafficking and the online solicitation of juveniles.
The FBI, Homeland Security, and Lafayette Metro Narcotics took part in this investigation between Friday, Feb. 28, and Saturday Mar. 1.
Detectives conducted the operation in the Lafayette area.
During the operation officers worked in various undercover capacities through online networking websites. They were able to identify nine people who requested to meet adults and/or children for various sexual purposes.
In all of the cases the suspects offered money for sex from the undercover detectives.
On February 28, 2014 the following people were arrested:
- Shante Monique McClain, Oklahoma City, OK, 23, Prostitution
- Fallon L. Childress, Lafayette, 28, Prostitution
- Desrelle Lastrapes, Lafayette, 23, Prostitution and a narcotics warrant from Texas
- Jody Lee, Lafayette, 28, Prostitution
- Charlotte Berthelot, Lafayette, 37, Prostitution
- Carl F. White, Jr., Lafayette, 32, Promoting Prostitution
- Joseph J. Ventress, Lafayette, 26, Pandering; Possession with the intent to distribute Crack Cocaine
On March 1, 2014 the following people were arrested:
- Stewart Michael Brown, Lafayette, 29, Computer Aided Solicitation of a Minor; Indecent Behavior with a Juvenile; Prostitution
- Liwei Zhao, Lafayette, 24, Computer Aided Solicitation of a Minor; Prostitution
If you have any information about the trafficking of children for sexual purposes or the sexual exploitation of children you are asked to call State Police at 337-262-3341.