Upper Lafayette residents concerned about arson fires
Eight arson fires have hit Upper Lafayette in a just over week
Lafayette, La. (KADN) — Yet another arson fire has struck Upper Lafayette. This one on the 300 block of North Pierce Street happened this morning around 2:00 AM. In a week's time more than eight arson fires have hit Upper Lafayette.
Many residents and neighbors fear that a serial arsonist is the cause, but the fire department is not yet ready to confirm their suspicions. The fire department has been tight lipped about the arson fires ongoing investigation, only telling us that there are some similarities in how and when the fires occurred, usually between the hours of 1:00 AM to 5:00 AM.
Residents near the downtown area and Upper Lafayette are being asked to report any suspicious activity in their neighborhood and to call 911 or 232-TIPS. No injuries or deaths have been reported in this recent blaze.
- 6/11/14 9:30 PM: 500 block of Garfield Street
- 6/12/14 1:30 AM: 200 block of Dolese ("Dough-lease") Street
- 6/12/14 3:00 AM: 200 block of South Magnolia Street
- 6/13/14 5:24 AM: 100 block of North Washington Street
- 6/15/14 2:50 AM: 600 block of Jefferson Blvd.
- 6/15/14 3:02 AM: 500 block NW Evangeline Thruway
- 6/17/14 4:28 AM: 100 block of Armentor Street
- 6/19/14 1:59 AM: 300 block of North Pierce Street