When: Saturday, April 7
Where: Blackham Coliseum
Times: Gates open at 8:00 with the Walk starting promptly at 9:00am
Description: Walk For Hope is an annual family oriented event to increase autism awareness while raising funds to support people with autism and their families. Money raised allows Autism Society Acadiana to provide stipends for families to attend autism-related seminars/conferences; award mini-grants for teachers and professionals; and host local conferences/workshops/trainings on autism topics. Proceeds also support our administrative office and resource library. We strive to make a positive impact on families affected by autism, assisting them as they travel along in their journey.
How to Register: Participants are encouraged to register online at https://runsignup.com/Race/LA/Lafayette/WalkForHopeAcadiana or through a link on our website www.acadianaautism.org.
Pre-Registration Fees (Ends March 31):
· $20 for adults ages 13 and up, which includes a t-shirt
· $15 for ages 4-12, which includes a t-shirt
· Children 3 years and under – Free
· Onsite registration the day of the event is $25 per person 3 years and older.
Activities: The one-mile walk starts promptly at 9:00AM at the front of Blackham Coliseum and will proceed down Cajundome Blvd to the Cajundome and back to the Coliseum, followed by great family fun until 12PM. Food and soft drinks will be available, while supplies last.
· Top 3 teams that raise the most funds during the pre-registration time frame (until March 31st).
· Most creative team t-shirt design.
For more information: Contact Autism Society Acadiana at 337.235.4425 or go to www.acadianaautism.org.