- This event has passed.
Walk For Hope Family Fun Day
April 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Walk For Hope is an annual family-oriented fundraiser to support people with autism and their families while improving autism awareness. All funds raised from this event stay in our community and support Autism Society Acadiana’s programs & resources. These include:
- Stipends for families to attend autism-related seminars/conferences;
- Mini-grants for teachers and professionals who work with students with autism;
- Local conferences/workshops/training on autism topics
- Family-friendly events throughout the year
- Lending library and other autism-related resources
- And much more!
We strive to make a positive impact on families affected by autism, assisting them as they travel along in their journey. Click here learn more about Autism Society Acadiana and our services.
- $20 for adults ages 13 and up, which includes a t-shirt (please select a t-shirt size)
- $15 for ages 4-12, which includes a t-shirt (please select a t-shirt size)
- Children 3 years and under – Free (Option to purchase a t-shirt for $5, sizes Youth XS or Youth S only).
Pre-registration deadline is 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, March 31. Event t-shirts are only guaranteed for individuals who pre-register through RunSignUp, by mail, or in person at our office.
Register by Friday, March 8 to enter a drawing for an Autism Society Acadiana Gift Pack!
Onsite Registration Fees (Day of the event): $25 per person ages 4 and older; no charge for children ages 3 years and under.
Walk Details: Onsite registration and sign-in for pre-registered participants begins at 7:30 AM.
The one-mile walk starts promptly at 9:00 AM at the front of Blackham Coliseum & will proceed down Cajundome Blvd. to the Cajundome and back to the Coliseum, followed by great family fun until 12 PM. Food and soft drinks will be available, while supplies last.
- Assembling small building kits & other hands-on arts & crafts
- Inflatable Fun Jumps
- Touch-A-Truck area
- Costumed characters
- Carnival games
- Face painting
- Photo booth
- And more!
Music: Provided by Domingue’s Disc Jockey Service.
Awards: Awards and recognition will be given at the event to the top 3 teams that raise the most funds during the pre-registration time frame (until March 31st). One prize will be awarded for the most creative team t-shirt design. Download t-shirt contest from our website www.AcadianaAutism.org or email Contact@AcadianaAutism.org to request the t-shirt contest entry form.