In this book a father and child go on a hiking trip. Readers get to follow this duo into the mountains as they witness the magic of the wilderness, overcome challenges, and play a small role in the survival of the forest.
By the time they return home, they feel alive – and closer than ever – as they document their hike and take their place in family history.
Craft: GOLD LEAF PAINTING
- Paint the trunk of of a tree with brown paint with a few branches going upwards.
- Mix paint with equal parts of water.
- Dab a small dot on one of the ends of the branches.
- Take a blow dryer and blow the paint outwards. Repeat throughout the canvas.
- After tree branches are finished, let dry.
- Take a paint brush and add a small amount gold leaf adhesive to the end of each branch.
- Carefully place gold leaf on adhesive.
- Once the golden leaf has dried, take a clean paint brush and brush excessive gold leaf off of the canvas.
Supply List: Blank canvas, acrylic brown paint/paintbrushes, gold leaf, gold leaf adhesive, blow dryer, and water.