STUDIO 15 – This week’s KidLit Pick of the Week is THE WIND PLAYS TRICKS By Virginia Howard and illustrated by Charlene Chua.
In this fun story, the wind swirls through the farmyard on a dark night howling so much that all the animals howl, too. As the morning comes, the animals learn that the wind has played tricks on them. The pig goes, “Cluck!” the little chicks go, “Neigh!” the hens go, “Moo!” the horse goes “Cock-a-Doodle-Dooo!” the cow goes “Quack. The animals have to work together to find a solution and get their right voices back.
Craft: FARMHOUSE CHIC BOOK SHELF
Farmhouse Book Shelf Directions:
- Paint wooden crafts with color of choice.
- Once dry, add furniture feet to bottom of one crate.
- Glue bottom of one crate to the top of the 2nd crate.
- Add decorative accents of choice.
- Add sports decorations to your board.
Supply list: 2 wooden crates, paint, wood glue, furniture feet, and decorative accents.