STUDIO 15- This week’s KidLit Pick of the Week is the MOMMY’S BIG, RED MONSTER TRUCK BY ALISON PAUL KLAKOWICZ!
This is a fun picture book that is perfect for all readers. Moms are the best! They are there for us, take care of us, and love us with all their hearts. But every mom is different and cool in their very own way. In this sweet book, the main character’s mom drives a big, red monster truck, and it’s awesome! It bounces and smashes and takes them on amazing adventures all over the country. In her truck, they can do anything and go anywhere, and best of all … they do it together!
DIY RED TRUCK DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut a 6-inch piece of wood from 2×4.
2. Cut a 3-inch piece of wood from 2×4, cutting one end at a 30-degree angle.
3. Paint both wood pieces with red spray paint.
4. Paint 4 closet pole sockets black.
5. Once dry, screw pole sockets to 6-inch block in the place of wheels.
6. Hot glue 3-inch block to 6-inch block.
7. Cut out two 1-inch rectangles from black paper, cutting one end at a slant.
8. Glue black cut-outs to each side of “Cab” for windows.
Red spray paint, black paint, closet pole socket set, 2×4 wood, screwdriver, hot glue gun/glue, black paper, scissors.
Extras: Add small Christmas trees and ribbon during Christmas time! Add craft sticks in a fence-like pattern and glue to truck bed.