STUDIO 15- This week’s KidLit Pick of the Week is “JUST BECAUSE” by Mac Barnett and illustrated by Isabelle Arsenault.
So, it’s bedtime and the main character has many questions for her dad before going to bed. Why is the ocean blue? What is the rain? Why do the leaves change colors? What happened to the dinosaurs? Why do we sleep. The dad has a vivid imagination and comes up creative responses to answer her questions.
Also, there’s a lovely giveaway from Coastal Grit! One lucky winner will win this beautiful bracelet!
Directions for Night Light Box:
1. Remove glass from shadow box.
2. Place scrapbook paper on glass and trace with markers.
3. String the lights through the top of the shadow box and tape them in place along backing.
4. Slide the vellum into the frame and replace glass back into place with marker design on inside.
5. Add batteries and light up.
Supply List: Shadow box frame, markers (alcohol-based), battery powered string lights (LED), vellum (letter size), scrapbook paper, and tape.