STUDIO 15- This week’s KidLit Pick of the Week is “I Am Famous and I Used To Be Famous” by Becky Cattie and Tara Luebbe.
“Kiely knows she is famous! The paparazzi (her parents) follow her every move, documenting it all with cameras. It is exhausting being famous, but someone has to do it! But when she messes it up, she’s worried she’s lost her audience forever, although no one is as loyal as her fans who love her.
Kiely’s been famous her entire life, but when a baby sister comes into the picture, she feels left out. Now Kiely has to figure out how to gain back the attention of her adoring fans (her family), even if it means sharing the spotlight.
1. Mix glue and water with a 1:1 ratio in large bowl.
2. Cut paper into strips.
3. Blow up balloon.
4. Paint glue mixture onto balloon and layer with strips of paper. Leave balloon tie exposed.
5. Let dry overnight.
6. Add fringe, paint, or other decorations to the hardened balloon.
7. Pop balloon and gently pull out of mold.
8. Fill with candy and hang as a Pinata.
Supply List: Balloon, paper, glue, water, bowl/paint brush, and candy.