STUDIO 15 – This week’s KidLit Pick of the Week is TOOLS OF THE HEART book series written by Patrick Arguin. In this book series, learn valuable lessons about life’s challenges-all while allowing the child to feel comfortable and safe. Each theme explores and fosters inner resourcefulness and resilience!
Craft: HEART BLOCKS
Supplies: Small blocks of wood, gold spray paint, red and pink acrylic paint, fast dry latex caulk, paint brush, clear enamel glass sealer.
- Spray paint the blocks of wood with gold spray paint and let them fully dry.
- Draw a heart on the wood with the caulk and smooth it our using your finger-let it fully dry.
- Next, paint the caulked heart the color you have chosen. You will likely need 2 coats of paint.
- Lastly, spray the sealer on the blocks and let them fully dry.
- Wrap them up pretty as give as Valentine gifts!