Carencro – Earlier today, 13 Louisiana residents were arrested for their involvement in a staged crash and insurance fraud scheme. The arrests came as a result of a nearly year-long extensive investigation out of Lafayette Parish conducted by the Louisiana State Police Insurance Fraud/Auto Theft Unit. Three additional suspects are still wanted at this time as a part of this ongoing investigation.
The investigation began with several complaints from insurance companies. The Louisiana State Police Insurance Fraud/Auto Theft Unit was able to determine that a group of individuals regularly participated in reporting fictitious automobile crashes, bogus injuries, and property damage for the sole purpose of obtaining money from insurance companies. The group fabricated at least seven crashes, and defrauded the insurance companies out of more than $30,000.
As a result of the investigation, the following suspects were arrested and charged with various statutes relating to insurance fraud and theft and booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center:
· Stanley Bernard (B/M, 48 yoa of Carencro)
· Dedrick Jones (B/M, 41 yoa of Carencro)
· Edward Jones (B/M, 31 yoa of Carencro)
· Joseph Jones (B/M, 45 yoa of Carencro)
· Jillian Miller (W/F, 30 yoa of Carencro)
· Christine Sam (B/F, 40 yoa of Carencro)
· Katina Broussard (B/F, 44 yoa of Lafayette)
· Kenneth Pappillion (B/M, 35 yoa of Lafayette)
· Tranai Trahan (B/F, 23 yoa of St. Martinville)
· Ranisia Williams (B/F, 24 yoa of St. Martinville)
· Patrick Martin (B/M, 61 yoa of Duson)
· Brittany Louvierre (W/F, 29 yoa of Scott)
· Kedrick Broussard (B/M, 22 yoa of Carencro – arrested and served with a warrant at Winn Correctional Center where he is currently incarcerated on other charges)
The following individuals are still wanted at this time:
· Brakeisha Broussard (B/F, 25 yoa of Lafayette)
· Natalie Miller (W/F, 28 yoa of Carencro)
· Olivia Darbonne (W/F, 31 yoa of Venice, FL)
Investigators with the Louisiana State Police Insurance Fraud/Auto Theft Unit worked closely with Louisiana State Police Bureau of Investigations, Louisiana State Police Troop I, the Carencro Police Department, and the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office during this investigation.
The public plays an integral role in identifying suspects accused of these crimes and is strongly urged to report criminal or suspicious activity. For more information and/or to contact the Louisiana State Police Insurance Fraud/Auto Theft Unit please visit http://www.lsp.org/ifu.html.