Lafayette- As Mardi Gras season continues, Lafayette Police would like to remind everyone of a few prohibited acts and safety tips:
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE PROHIBITED ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE:
* No products that are manufactured for the purpose of being thrown against a hard surface or stepped on to make a popping noise such as: Snaps, Pops, cracker balls.
* No open flames heating or cooking devices on public right-of-ways
* No silly string
* No animals
* No skates, rollerblading, skateboarding or bicycling
* No whips
* No clothing or items depicting illegal narcotics
* No clothing or items depicting nudity and/or profanity
* Stay behind all barricades during the parade
* Do not move, tamper, stand or sit on barricades
* All normal parking regulations apply during Mardi Gras parades
* Observe all special event parking signs along the parade route
* DO NOT throw anything at floats or float riders
* DO NOT climb trees
* Obey all laws pertaining to indecent exposure
* Do not leave children unattended
* Decide in advance on a meeting place in case anyone gets lost within your group
* Notify police of a missing child immediately
Remember to drink responsibly, designate a driver if you intend to drink, by not doing so, it could result in costly fines and serious jail time.
Happy Mardi Gras Acadiana!