Are you a Meteorologist ready to further your career and forecasting abilities in one of the most dynamic weather markets in the country? Would you like to be a part of a great weather team while living in the home of tremendous culture and a way of life centered around being outdoors? If so, KADN News15, the NBC and FOX affiliate in Lafayette, LA is looking for you! We are looking for a third member of our Storm Team to join us in our growth in in Southwest Louisiana as the Local Weather Authority!
· Produce and present clear and accurate forecasts which tell a story and connect with viewers
· Alert viewers to the threat of severe weather
· Work closely with news director and producers to determine relevant, promotable weather content in breaking and everyday situations
· Author text, graphic, picture, and video forecasts and weather stories for broadcast, digital, and social media platforms
· Utilize social media to gather and distribute weather information
· Report live during weather events
· Work a flexible schedule including morning, evening, or weekend shifts.
· Be a confident and dynamic on-air presenter
· Have a professional on-air presence
· Possess a strong science background
· Able to clearly explain the weather story, by utilizing graphics and video, in a way that helps our audience prepare for various weather conditions
· Be an excellent communicator and able to work well with a team
· Be proficient with the tools and technology needed to author, produce, and deliver forecasts, severe weather coverage, and weather information.
A Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science or other relevant science degree is preferred
· Previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is preferred
Anyone interested should send a resume and samples of their work to email@example.com. Include the words “Lafayette Meteorologist” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer