Data Error LouisianaLocal Weather Alerts
There was an error retrieving the National Weather Service alert data.
News15 Today

Musician Major Handy loses home in house fire

The home of a local musician is a total loss after a fire this morning in the 100 block of St. Charles street. Musician Major Handy says he was charging his lithium batteries for his drone on the sofa. When he returned his home was on fire.
Both a fire fighter and Major Handy’s wife had minor burns from the fire. They have both been treated and released from the hospital. If you would like to donate to Major Handy and his family click here.