NBC News and MSNBC report on the opioid epidemic sweeping America in a new all-platform special series, “One Nation Overdosed: A Generation at Risk,” beginning this Sunday, Oct. 1.
Leveraging their unrivaled platforms across network broadcast, cable, digital and social, NBC News and MSNBC will collectively examine the country’s opioid crisis:
• On TODAY: Special Reporting on Opioid Addiction Affecting Babies, Teenagers and Grandparents
• On Megyn Kelly TODAY: Russell Brand Opens Up About His Battle With Addiction
• On NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt: How Falmouth, Mass. & Dayton, Ohio Communities Are Fighting the Epidemic
• On MSNBC: Opioid Epidemic Reporting, Special Guest Interviews
• On NBCNews.com: Original Videos and Mini-Documentaries
• On Social: Explainers and Interviews on Snapchat’s “Stay Tuned”
• PLUS: Exclusive New Poll Numbers on the Government’s Role in Fighting the Epidemic
The series, previewed this morning on Megyn Kelly TODAY with a report on babies born addicted, is the latest in the networks’ extensive coverage of the country’s opioid crisis and kicks off this Sunday on NBC Nightly News, continuing throughout the week with more reporting on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, TODAY, MSNBC, NBCNews.com and social media platforms, including Stay Tuned on Snapchat. NBC News|SurveyMonkey will also release exclusive new poll numbers from more than 7,000 Americans on the opioid crisis and the government’s role in funding its fight.
Tune in next week as NBC News and MSNBC report on America’s opioid epidemic across all broadcast and digital platforms.