An Opelousas man (Carl Collins 23 y.o.a.) was arrested on yesterday after narcotics officers received information that the suspect was in possession of a considerable amount of marijuana at a residence in the 1200 Blk. of Cherokee Dr. A subsequent search of Mr. Collins residence led officers to locating Two pounds of Marijuana, Promethazine, and related narcotics paraphernalia. Mr. Collins is suspected of being involved in narcotics trafficking since early 2018. Mr. Carl Collins was booked into the St. Landry Parish Jail for the following.
- Possession with Intent to Distribute A Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana)
- Possession of A Schedule V Controlled Dangerous Substance (Promethazine / Codeine)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Transactions Involving Proceeds From Drug Offenses
- Illegal Use Of A Controlled Dangerous Substance in the Presence of Persons Under Seventeen Years of Age.