The Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire in the 800 block of Wyman Road.Upon arrival, firefighters observed a vehicle engulfed in flames, which spread to the carport area of the structure. Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire in the carport and attic area under control, while additional crews extinguished the vehicle fire. An investigation into the incident revealed the fire to be accidental in nature. The occupant returned from a trip to the store and went inside his home. A passing neighbor noticed the vehicle on fire, knocked on the door to alert the occupant, at which point both were able to pull out the burning vehicle with a chain, most likely saving the home. No firefighters or civilians were injured as a result of the incident.