Lafayette firefighters responded to N. P. Moss Preparatory School, 801 Mudd Avenue, at 8:45 this morning to a reported bathroom on fire.
When firefighters arrived, all kids were evacuated to their designated locations. The fire was inside a bathroom stall. It was extinguished by a Lafayette Police school resource officer.
The fire caused heavy smoke damage inside the bathroom. There was moderate fire damage to one of the stalls. The damage was contained to that bathroom. The adjacent classrooms did not sustain any damage. No injuries were reported.
Fire investigators determined toilet paper inside the bathroom was set on fire. The suspect, a 14-year-old student, was arrested and charged with arson.